Saturday, March 2, 2013

a new phase

Como XC Community,
 
As many of you may have heard, after 8 years of coaching cross country at Como Park, I have made the difficult decision of accepting a position coaching track and cross country at Minneapolis Washburn High School. I say difficult, because I truly love and am extremely proud of the program at Como. However, Washburn is just down the street from where I live, and with my daughter and various other responsibilities, the logistical advantages and saved driving time made this the right decision for my family. 
 
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your involvement with the program, and wish you the best moving forward. Coach McCurdy plans to continue to coach, and we have many excellent student-athletes coming back next year, so the future of the team is in good hands. The team and families are a real community, and I look forward to maintaining ties to that community as I begin this new phase. Thanks again, for all that you have done and will continue to do. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions or concerns.
 
Coach Chris

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Chris for being our coach! Not only were you an experienced runner, but you were a super cool guy in general. We couldn't have asked for a better coach! You'll be missed by everyone.